Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Maddie's First Thanksgiving of the Year


Maddie has been looking forward to her class party all week long. It ends up that the kids made a place mat and each was laminated for the shindig. Since I started back to work this week, I wasn't able to go in a help the other moms (and some dads) help set up and I knew that it would be a slight shock for Maddie. However, I promised her that I would come to the party for 10 minutes at least and so I did! My kids were in the midst of learning about rate of change and I gave them a task that had to be completed in 15 minutes, told my colleagues I was leaving, grabbed Andy in his office, and we zipped to the party.

The room was bustling with activity and we saw Maddie sitting at the end of the table a bit long faced, but when we both walked through the door she simply BEAMED from ear to ear! She was so proud to show off the things she had made for the party and was more than willing to share the food on her plate - (read: "the sooner my plate is cleared of this stuff, the sooner I can get to the dessert!") The only thing that she really, really, really wanted to clear off her plate was the seaweed.... the child is addicted to seaweed! (So much for tradition!) Thanks for sharing your party with us Maddie and thanks to Preeti for organizing the event!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home