Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Thursday, November 15, 2007

So Hopeful....

The mood is set...

A hungry Amelia awaits her feeding, the boppy is in place, Maddie stands by adoringly looking at her sister....AND DAD WANTS TO STICK WHAT IN MY MOUTH?!

I get to head back to work on Monday so we're trying a few different things out and a bottle would be one of them. This time didn't work, but the absolute joy on daddy's and Maddie's face is enough to want to make me keep trying!!

Here's the thing with returning to work. My heart is really heavy and I've been thinking about the little things I'll miss during the day, but leave it to Maddie to put it all in perspective.

Maddie: "Mommy, will you be a teacher again?"
Me: "Yes, Maddie - next week... four sleeps from now."
Maddie: "Will you come see me again at school? I've missed you..."

So there you have it. Even though I've been a stay at home mom for 8 weeks and gone into Maddie's class a few times, I actually saw Maddie more during the day when I was working full time. I would see her at least once a day during her lunch time and sometimes during her recess which was my plan time. It was our "thing" and one of the reasons I love being a teacher in an international school. I get to keep my family close so that I don't miss those little moments that happen at every age.

I've missed you too Maddie!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home