Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Last Night of Three - Maybe....

Maddie has been a very healthy child. There - I said it. JINX!

Amazingly, I could probably count on one hand the number of times Maddie has had a fever. When she does get them though, they always seem to hang out for a long time. Now I'm staring tho think she may actually have some type of control over the timing of these fevers... wouldn't that be amazing?

Amelia is "scheduled" to arrive sometime tomorrow so it's our last night of three at home - not including Lester and the fish. We've had a great day and a great night. Because yesterday was a Typhoon Day (not like the snow days I experienced growing up), Maddie and I accomplished quite a lot. We made brownies for Treat Day at school, we finally got our family photo framed to take to her classroom and most importantly, we finished her About Me book. Ms. Preeti had us make on last year so I should've been a bit more prepared this time, but we had no color printer, yada, yada, yada. The combination of being a stay-at-home mom AND having a Typhoon Day let us take the three hours required to make the book this year. She helped me choose pics out of i-photo and we sent them to dad at school so he could print them on the color printer. We then cut out all 40 pics with decorative scissors and glued them strategically into the book. She then told me about each picture and I wrote a caption to go along with it. She then took colored smiley face stickers and color coordinated the sticker with the colored pencil I had used to write the captions. Did I mention that this took three hours?! :) It really was a great day and great night of three plus Lester plus the fish.

Cough, cough, gag, gag... it started earlier today but she seemed to be ignoring the symptoms. By evening though, the peanut looked a little gray around the edges. We'll see what the night holds and then we'll see what the morning holds. And then we'll see if Maddie is up to Amelia's arrival tomorrow! :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home