Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Monday, August 27, 2007

Maddie's Show and Tell Day

Maddie had a show and tell day last year and she brought in her two stuffed horses - they were actually unicorns, but don't tell her that! It was early in the school year and she really didn't have a lot to say about them.

When we found out that today was her first show and tell day this year, we talked about what she wanted to bring in and share with the class. A stuffed animal? no.... A favorite book? no.... She thought of bringing in her own golf club all by herself!

I didn't even have to "give" her the words as she just started rambling on and on and on and on. Daddy bought me this hat in a store - in America. He said I had to wear it if he bought it. It's my golf hat. Daddy bought me my golf club. Don't swing it high or someone will get a bonk. Hold it like this and hit the ball soft - not hard. (As I re-read this, I can hear a "Rainman" type voice in my head. She really doesn't sound like Dustin Hoffman that much!!)

Now that's pretty darn good! I love it for two reasons: a) she has the words to say what she really wants to say. b) she really does listen to us sometimes even though she acts like she's not listening! :) She loves that she and daddy can go into the garage in the evenings and hit golf balls together.. she seems really interested! Who knows if she'll be interested down the road, but it's kind of cool that she's interested now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home