Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And We're Off!!!

I have to admit something here to everyone that reads this blog. When I leave, I cry. It doesn't matter where I leave, how long I've been there, or where I'm going... I always cry. It's one of those things that you try to call endearing to make yourself feel better, but secretly it's a negative attribute that clouds ones personality. When Maddie was born, I promised myself that I would try really, really hard not to pass that personality trait on to her. Life is about enjoying the moment and looking forward to the wonderful possibilities that come your way.

Obviously, she is older now and more aware of the whole leaving aspect. She's aware of what "missing you" feels like... it hurts sometimes and I don't blame her one little bit for trying to avoid it at all costs. The way Maddie is growing up though, she is always going to be missing somebody, but I want her to learn that she gets to go on life adventures and then come back to share all that she has learned, hopefully enriching her life and the lives of everyone she touches.

The adventures this summer have been most excellent. Thanks to Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Earl for getting us set up in our new home. Thanks to Connor and Sam for spending such quality time with us and building memories. Thanks to Susan and Doug for striving to bring the family together for special occasions (you prove that it CAN be done)! Thanks to Larry and Kim for helping with move and sharing your wonderful AND GROWING family with us. Thanks to Grandma Dotty for showing us the Wild West and all the wonderful things it has to offer. There are so many thanks for so many things... this was just the tip of the iceberg.

So... we'll be missing you (the ones we saw and the ones we didn't... and we'll be looking forward to the next time we meet face to face where we'll enrich each others lives and enjoy the moment.

And.... WE'RE OFF!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At July 26, 2007 at 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just so you know....you have enriched our lives with more than you will ever know! In fact, I think you've even reached people you don't even know.
    I tell your story to everyone. You give inspiration to others. Many folks live vicariously through you, especially when travel and/or adventure is not an option for them at this particular point in their lives. They eagerly await "the rest of the story." Keep doing what you are doing...love well! Aunt Sissy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home