Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Monday, June 18, 2007

Maddie's Move In Day!

Just because you have a new house, doesn't mean you get to move in!! You have to get some of the comforts of home in the place or it's just a big empty shell. What strikes me the most in a new house is the empty wall space, but I just need to remind myself that the walls have to create their own memories and tell their own stories - you can't force it! So, memory number one:

New TV in the background, complete with cable. Old TV on the floor, completely turned off. What does the old TV offer that the new TV doesn't? A REFLECTION! Every chance she could, Maddie grabbed the cord and held it like a microphone as she sang her heart out to her reflection in the TV screen. She wanted an audience so I sat on the couch and watched her sing Happy Birthday to me, grandma, grandpa, daddy, Lester.... I have to laugh because I did the same thing only in the living room window of my childhood house!



We watched the dump trucks move fresh earth around the complex and Maddie was amazed that she could get so close to the trucks. We unpacked boxes, moved furniture, washed new sheets - she helped with everything! Of course, in the end, SPROUT won out. She used that old TV as a chair and loved watching her favorites on the new big screen!

Forgive the end of the video... I just had to put it on!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2007 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A star is born! Just like you, Amanda... You were quite the performer, too! I will never forget sitting in the living room of our old house on Garling Drive, watching you perform for us when you were little. You were a very serious performer and insisted that everyone pay close attention!
    Of course, when you were done, the applause would erupt! You were so proud! We loved every minute of it! Glad to see Maddie carrying on the tradition of performing for her family! Love, Sissy

     
  • At June 23, 2007 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have no idea how I missed the video portion of this blog when I read it the first time. I know I commented before...but, needless to say, after viewing the video, well....what can I say??? We are cracking up big time! Once again, the similarities between Maddie and her Mommy just keep growing. We seem to remember another little girl with busy fingers! Ha!
    Maddie honey, no worries - when you read this someday, it will help to know that little tidbit about your Mommy! You just ask away, darlin'...'cause Aunt Sissy and Uncle Bubba will tell you all about it! You sing so lovely, Maddie Anna! Keep it up!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home