Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things!


Maddie already has Amelia sleeping the garage. Is that bad?

A few weeks ago, we bought a crib for Amelia's arrival in September. We have not painted her room yet and still have a queen size bed in there so it's all set up in the garage just waiting to be moved upstairs. A few days ago, Angel and Tony's delivered the changing table and dresser that we had made for Amelia's room. Again, it's in the garage because her room is not ready for the furniture yet. So when I came home from work earlier this week and showed Maddie the painting that one of my students had made for Amelia, I suggested that we go up and put it in Amelia's room. Maddie quickly exclaimed, "I'll help mommy" and proceeded to take the painting out into the garage!

I asked Maddie if Amelia was sleeping in the garage and in her world, yes, Amelia is sleeping the garage because that's where all of her things are located! For the rest of the evening, Maddie went through her closet and got the dresses and shoes that no longer fit her, and then took them down to Amelia's "room." What a great kid! :)

I also put a picture of the Pottery Barn changing table on here that sells for $549. Notice how Amelia's changing table looks very similar - it was about $80. Gotta love China!

So why do kids say the darndest things? Not only is Amelia going to live in the garage, but Maddie informed me this morning that my eyes were broken. I had woken up and went to give her a morning hug. She kissed and hugged me all over before looking at my eyes. She pointed to my "crinkles" around my eyes and told me that my eyes were broken.

Don't worry honey, your eyes will be broken someday too, but just remember that you earned every single one of the breaks and they all have story! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home