Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's Your Flight Plan?

The night before we fly, I always get Maddie's goodie bag together. She may not know it, but I have a flight plan for her that keeps her entertained!
Contents:
coloring books
crayons
markers
books
stickers
dvd player
movies
sticky notes
plastic scissors
Sudoku book (hey, she's my kid!)
juice
crackers....

I secretly knew that this flight would be a bit different though. Andy and I had saved enough miles so that we could upgrade to Business Class for the long haul back to the States. Maddie jumped into a Business Class seat and waited for me to ask her to move because that's what I always do!! But when I didn't ask her to move - I saw stars in her eyes!!!!!

The pilot walked by Maddie and said, "well doesn't that look like the little princess in the big princess chair?" He asked her if she wanted to come upstairs to the cockpit (it was a bubble plane) and I immediately jumped up asking if I could come too!! :) So we walked upstairs and talked with the pilot, the co-pilot and two other crew members in the cockpit. Maddie was shy BUT she did talk to the pilot and answered all the questions he asked of her, looking him in the eye the entire time - THANK YOU MS. PREETI FOR THAT!

Her flight plan was completely different that what I had in mind for her. She ate A LOT of food that started off with a special salad just for her appetizer (well la-de-da) and had a main course with dessert before she watched the Disney channel for a hour. She then rolled over, gave us kissed good night and proceeded to sleep for the next six hours. So, her flight plan was to milk those seats for all they were worth!

What's Your Next Flight Plan?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At June 15, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amanda,
    You look like a kid yourself. You really look great, honey. It was nice to see a recent photo of you and Maddie. You'll have to post a recent one of Andy, too. Glad the flight was good...happy travels!

    Sissy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home