Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Friday, April 6, 2007

April 2 - 6 Week in Review


When Maddie's teacher first saw the last week in review she made a very good point to me. At this age, our children's lives completely focus around school. It makes sense too. Maddie comes home at 3:00 and sleeps until 5:00 when Andy and I get home. We talk about the day and play for an hour before dinner at 6:00 and then take a bath at 6:30 for bed. We follow up with Maddie's favorite "doctor show" (Grey's Anatomy - this is another blog entry) and few books before heading to sleep at 7:30. Then we do the same thing all over again the next day!

Maddie's teacher had a tank full of goldfish in the classroom. First there were 12 goldfish and now we are down to one. When I ask her where all the goldfish have gone, she tells me they went to their Grandma and Grandpa's house! Malin's mom brought in tadpoles this week I think as a way to try to get the focus off the goldfish. It has been fun watching them turn into frogs - I have to admit that I've never really "seen" it happen before as I've only read about it in books!

Below is an exerpt from the Weekly Newsletter that Preeti sends out!

It was nice to see the children’s happy and tanned faces after Spring Break. It has been such a busy week back and with the two half days because of Parent Conferences, it seems to have gone in a blink!

Children had fun at the Easter Egg Hunt and party on Tuesday. They especially enjoyed making their own Easter baskets, coloring and decorating the eggs that the moms had prepared. Thanks once again to all the parents who participated and helped organize this fun event.

Talking about Easter eggs led to a discussion about which animals lay eggs. Children
brainstormed a list of animals they thought came from eggs and we are in the process of
researching these animals: chickens, ducks, elephants, snakes, frogs, turtles

We have new animals in our classroom! Malin brought in some tadpoles that she fished from a pond near hr home. A couple of them have developed front and back legs and children are observing the metamorphosis from tadpole to frog (hopefully!) first hand...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At April 12, 2007 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that is so cool! i think my kids would love to watch a tadpole develop. {not to mention me too!}

    Barbara directed me to your great blog.

    Maddie is a pretty cute little girl~ What a great life you are giving her. Are you there for work?

    oh, and to your post below... I don't think you're ever too young for your own tailor! I would love my own!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home