Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blocked in China? Yes, Blocked in China.


One of the coolest days we've experienced in the blogosphere world occurred on March 19, 2007. In a nutshell, the whole reason I got into blogging was because of Beckett-To-Be's Blog. Beckett is a young lad that lives in Texas where his dad, Christian, eloquently deciphers his babbles on a daily basis and then shares this with the world via a blog. Go check out his March 19 entry and perhaps you'll see somebody you know! I had "boose-gumps" running all over my skin the entire day when I saw Maddie on Beckett's blog. Every single one of 90+ 8th grade students gathered around computers throughout the day to see how famous Maddie had become.... to be mentioned clear across the world like that just makes the drive even greater to document life.

So as this exciting world opens up to our family, it was completely put to a stand still by China that very day. As I sat down to post an entry into Maddie's Minute, the page seemed to take forever to load... and then more forever... and then more forever. Patience had run thin so I did a bit of research to find out what was going on. (The image from The Shanghaiist about sums it up!) Sure enough.... blogspot had been blocked. I've moped for well over a week now, but my trusty hubby has come to the rescue. Without revealing too many secrets, we are back online once again! I can post to my heart's content and share with you the exciting things that have happened in our world over the past nine days. Blogspot has this wonderful feature where you can change the date of your entries so I may go back and use that little trick to catch you up. So go back and read the entries before this one to find out what you've missed! Blocked in China? I think not! So... thank you for unblocking Maddie - she's definitely opinionated, but what three year old isn't?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2007 at 10:42 AM , Blogger ddecardy said...

    It is such a joy to read your Blog, Meemah. You delight me with your words and experiences. Madeline is growing so much.

    Your comment about Maddie lighting up when she saw you walk in the auditorium and how much you like being a mom. The same feelings of, "I love being a mom" struck me when you would light up all through your school years when I arrived. luv,mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home