Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Spring has Sprung!


Here come Peter Cottontail! All of these songs that I've long forgotten keep popping into my head all over again! Maddie had an Easter party at school today. Ah, yes, there's that word that probably get one in trouble if they mentioned it in a public stateside school. Maddie celebrated EASTER at SCHOOL today! I'm being a bit obnoxious here, but I'm treasuring everything about life these days!

She made bunny ears, colored eggs, went on an Easter egg hunt, ate chocolate, ate even more chocolate.... did I mention she ate chocolate? It was such a special day for her because this really the first time she's ever gotten it. Maddie loved it that both Andy and I showed up to share the time with her. We showed up just in time to have some chocolate cake for Narumi's birthday part!!

After school, Maddie came to my classroom for an hour while my math students studied away around her. She simply sits at a student desk and works on her "homework" just like the other kids. It's simple - I give her extra math worksheets and she traces the numbers. She loves it and she fits right in. All of my kids know Maddie well and she feels that she is one of them. Truly, she is 3 going on 13!

After school we came home to a beautiful afternoon. For the first time, we turned the water on let her play outside. I pulled weeds while Maddie played in the water and used her chalk to write all over the back patio.

The air is warm, the kids are laughing while riding their bikes, the birds are singing... Spring has truly Sprung and I hope we get to have more weekdays just like this one!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home