Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Turtles and Frogs

Maddie REALLY needs a haircut. It actually couldn't be any easier. I call Cheryl who lives down the street, make an appointment for the next day, and then Maddie and I walk down to her house. So why can't I get it together enough to just CALL??!! Today has nothing to do with a haircut but when I download pics, the first thing I see is Maddie's hair. Mother of the Year Award - part 100! ;)

We did a major shopping excursion today to prepare for Jan and Greg's arrival on Wednesday. Andy was downright amazing as I usually hear about how I'm hording JELLO (ha, ha), but today he mentioned nothing about the massive amounts of food I was putting into the cart. We went to METRO this time which is usually Maddie's favorite place because of the fish section. METRO always has live and not-so-live fish in tanks, but the most interesting is the huge frogs and turtles in the tanks. She has always looked at them with great interest and is usually very excited, but today she just kind of stood back a bit, eyeing the frogs and turtles with a bit of apprehension.

After we go grocery shopping, it's a tradition to go OUT to eat and not cook so we made our way to Syzygy in the German Centre for some good food. Of course, Maddie chowed on fresh shrimp the entire time which meant that she at nothing for dinner. I finally figured out what was going on in her mind all day about those frogs and turtles though. As she was telling me what she was going to dream about tonight before falling asleep she said, "Mommy - I don't like to eat turtles and frogs." I quickly changed the subject and said that I'll make sure she gets a haircut tomorrow!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amanda --

    Thanks to Barbara, I discovered last night -- quite to my humbled surprise -- that Andrew had linked to the "Beckett-to-Be" blog...and that in some uber-tiny way, you became a passionate mom-blogger as well once you saw Beckett's story unfolding.

    Maddie is utterly adorable and her story (your writing, as well) is tremendous. Keep it up! A gift for her, to be sure; a gift for many more, as well.

    Hope to cross paths with all 3 of you one day. Dear, dear friends of ours live in Hong Kong now, and we all hope to make it over there again soon. Perhaps we'll be able to make proper introductions between your family and theres.

    Stay in touch if time allows (christian@designshare.com) and give Maddie/Andrew our absolute best from Beckett-land in Texas.

    BTW, you look insanely familiar in one of your photos...and her name was Amanda, too. I'm sure it's impossible, but you remind me of a dear friend from ages and ages ago who grew up in Maine. Off-Chance you are her (he smiles) or are a lost-twin, thought I'd mention it. Stranger things have occurred!

    Cheers,
    Beckett's dad (Christian)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home