Maddie's Minute

Maddie shares a minute of her life in this flat world of ours.....

Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to School!

Maddie LOVES school. She was so torn this morning at about 7:15. Andy and I were walking out the door for school and Maddie couldn't decide if she wanted to come with us or wait until after 7:30 when Ms. Zhou arrives. She also wanted to walk to school with Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Earl. It was almost too much to handle, but in the end, school won. She raced to the car with her backpack and coat! We played in the school office with dad and the office ladies for about 15 minutes before heading to class. She couldn't wait to gallop into class to hug Ms. Preeti. As Maddie says, Ms. Preeti is her friend!

I see Maddie every single day at 12:00 on the button. It's the end of my lunch period and the beginning of hers. I think I can honestly say that it's my favorite time of the day! She actually goes to the lunch room with her class, holding onto a jump rope the entire way so that she stays in line. She sits down and grabs the appropriate drink of the day and then waits.... for me! (At least I like to think so!!) As soon as she sees me coming, she always jumps up, always yells "mommy" in a sing song voice at the top of her lungs, and she always, always runs to me with absolute glee. I will always, always, always treasure these moments even when she decides that it's just too embarrassing to act that way in front of her friends. Maybe that won't happen until she's 18, ya think?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home